Coastal Natural Therapies is the name you can trust for pregnancy acupuncture Gold Coast treatments. Our qualified acupuncturists are dedicated to helping you have the healthiest pregnancy possible. We believe in the ancient teachings and techniques of Chinese medicine, and wholeheartedly support our patients in the best way we can using these teachings.
Pregnancy can be stressful so it is understandable that getting needles inserted into your skin is something that you’d never consider. However, we practice a gentle form of pregnancy acupuncture that can be helpful in alleviating pregnancy-related aches and discomforts. Scientific research also agrees that this form of traditional medicine can benefit you when conceiving or carrying a child.(1)(2)(3)(4)
We have passionate acupuncturists, committed to achieving the best possible results using both traditional and modern methods to assist in a natural healthy pregnancy.
Acupuncture for pregnancy Gold Coast
Pregnancy acupuncture can be performed in the first, second, and third trimester, as well as induction and postpartum period. We know how important it is for expectant mothers to get the best possible care, so we continuously update our skills and knowledge to give you an effective treatment.
Benefits of pregnancy acupuncture
Acupuncture can help you before, during, and after pregnancy:
- Increase blood flow to the ovaries(1)
- Successfully assist in management of menstrual frequency in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)(2)(3)
- Symptoms associated with endometriosis(4)
- Assisting with Clomiphene(5)
- Reduce pelvic and lower back pain(6)
- Reduce labour pain(6)
- Postpartum Depression(6)
Whatever your pregnancy-related concerns are, you can turn to us for addressing them. Your treatment is centred on your desired results, so we communicate with you every step of the way. This, in turn, enables you to make sound decisions based on your unique preferences and pregnancy needs.
Coastal Natural Therapies is the Right Choice!
We have skilled, dedicated acupuncturists who are committed to delivering high quality treatments to help your body adapt to your growing baby and prepare you for the rigours of being a new mum
Enjoy life on the Gold Coast
Our acupuncture Gold Coast treatments that aim to naturally assist you in a healthy pregnancy. Acupuncture has been shown to be beneficial pre, during and post pregnancy.(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)
Don’t hesitate to drop by one of our clinics to find out more information about how you can enjoy all the great things Gold Coast has to offer while also feeling healthier, happier, and more balanced.
If you feel that acupuncture may help with your pregnancy or just want to know about more this traditional medicine, get in touch with us. You can also schedule an appointment at our clinic in Bundall or Mermaid.
- Natural Fertility Gold Coast click here
- Fertility Acupuncture click here
- Infertility Acupuncture click here
- IVF Acupuncture click here
- Stener-Victorin, E. et al, Ovarian blood flow responses to electroacupuncture stimulation at different frequencies and intensities in anaesthetized rats. Autonomic Neuroscience, 108(1-2) Page 50-55
- WS, L. (2017). Current evidence of acupuncture on polycystic ovarian syndrome. – PubMed – NCBI. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20230329
- Zheng YH, e. (2013). Effectiveness of abdominal acupuncture for patients with obesity-type polycystic ovary syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. – PubMed – NCBI. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Effectiveness+of+Abdominal+Acupuncture+for+Patients+with+Obesity-Type+Polycystic+Ovary+Syndrome%3A+A+Randomized+Controlled+Trial
- de Sousa., T.R et al. (2016). The effect of acupuncture on pain, dyspareunia, and quality of life in Brazilian women with endometriosis: A randomized clinical trial Retrieved from http://www.sciencedirect.com.ezproxy.endeavour.edu.au/science/article/pii/S1744388116300834
- Wu, X., Stener-Victorin, E., Liu, J., Wu, T., Ng, E., Legro, R., & Zhang, H. (2016). Acupuncture and clomiphene for infertility in the polycystic ovary syndrome: a multicentre randomized controlled trial. Fertility and Sterility. Retrieved from http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(16)62668-7/fulltext
- McDonald J, Janz S. The Acupuncture Evidence Project: A Comparative Literature Review (Revised edition). Brisbane: Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association Ltd; 2017. http://www.acupuncture.org.au.
- http://www.acupuncture.org.au. 2. Wang, J. (2017). Meta analysis on acupuncture for postpartum depression – ScienceDirect. Sciencedirect.com. Retrieved from http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S100352571730096X?via%3Dihub 3. Stener-Victorin, E. et al, Ovarian blood flow responses to electroacupuncture stimulation at different frequencies and intensities in anaesthetized rats. Autonomic Neuroscience, 108(1-2) Page 50-55